Sunday 2 October 2011

My New Project!!!

I know, I know.
I still have to finish my Ripple Blanket.


And my Granny Log Cabin Blanket.

It's a lot bigger than this now by the way.

But still I have started on a new project!!
I saw this blanket online and just loved it.
Look here. (This is a French blog but it's got how to pictures!!!)
It's a Granny Sunburst Blanket!!
And here are a couple of my square so far.


What really got me started on this project was not only the fact that I love the blanket I saw online, but also the weather (yeah right blame it on the weather lol).
The other two are getting so big and are so warm to be working on right now.
This Granny Sunburst is ideal because I can just make all the centre bits.
I'm thinking along the lines of making this blanket 15 squares long and 14 squares wide.
So that means I will need 210 all together.
Well I've already made 120 little centres.
So it is coming along nicely.
What I want to do is this, not make any two squares the same, apart from the cream colour of course.
I'm using 30 different colours all together.
They are all bits and bobs that I have hanging around.
And they are not all the same yarn, I mean not even within the colours themselves.
Like I am using light grey, and that light grey can be one of three different bits of light grey I have hanging around.
It's a great way to use up yarn.
And what will I do with this blanket when it's finished?
Well, I don't know yet, maybe it will be a gift for someone.

5 comments:

  1. Looks great...I am also working on lots of different projects but who cares...lol...as long as we enjoy ourselves:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love planning a blanket around what's in my scrap box too. Ooooh, thirty different colors! What fun!! I look forward to seeing the next progress pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your ripple blanket.. im doing one too but mine isnt rippling right lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your nice comments!!!
    I hope to get these projects all finished before the end of the year, It's a bit of a big hope though.
    But I'm really into the sunburst at the moment.
    Thanks again!!!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ripple looks fab :-) I'm making a ripple cushion using the Neat Ripple patterm from Attic 24 - it's soooo easy to crochet- although it took me ages to master it !! I love your Sunburst Squares too....another pattern on my to-do list.
    Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete