I thought I'd share with you the story behind my flower blanket.
I am making this blanket out of yarn that I already have.
What I have done is to take apart another blanket I made last year, this one. Now, the reason why I'm taking it apart is this.
When I started making it last year I ordered the yarn online, but it turned out that I didn't have enough to finish the blanket, so I ordered more.
But the beige and light pinky colours turned out to be a couple of shades darker than the one I'd been using.
So, lesson number 1. "When ordering yarn for a project like this always order enough to finish it."
Now, I went on to finish the blanket anyway, the idea was to use the blanket on our sofa-bed when visitors come to stay the night, and that is what I used it for.
However, although no one ever noticed the difference in colour (at least they didn"t say anything) I could always see it myself so I did think about taking it apart one day.
So that is what I have done/I'm doing, I'm taking it apart and I'm using the beige, cream, and some of the light pinky colour yarn for this new blanket, making sure that the beige I use for this one is all the same shade.
And the other colours are odd bits left over from a rainbow blanket I made last year.
So I am really pleased, not only with the way it is turning out, but also because I am using up the yarn I already have.
The pattern/layout I am using for the flower blanket is the same as my second hexagon blanket here.
But I also plan to make a new hexagon shaped blanket for the sofa-bed, but then using the flower pattern instead of the hexagons.