Wednesday 31 March 2010

And now on to the next blanket

I have started on a new blanket.
I knew that I wanted to do an hexagon blanket but how and what?
I had found loads of ideas online and tried loads of different patterns out.
Well I found a wonderful idea online that really pulled at me.
It was a hexagon blanket that when all fitted together and finished formed a big hexagon, great idea.
But which hexagon pattern I was going to use was a bit of a problem because there were loads I like.
And I had even made up my own bobble stitch hexagon which also looked great.
However, after revisting Lucy's blog Attic 24 (for the edging of my other blanket), I decided to give her hexagon another go in the new yarn.
Well, that's the one.
So here is what I have done so far.
Now I don't know if you can see it in the foto, but I joined the first couple together like I did the granny squares.
Then last night (it was quite late) I went over to Attic 24 again and read about how Lucy joins them together as she goes.
Well this must have somehow gotten into my sub-conscious mind, because when I woke up this morning I knew how to do it.
So the last couple I've joined that way.
Great, once again thanks Lucy what would I do without you!!!

1 comment:

  1. Just reading your blog for the first time. A few posts ago you talked about ordering online. Where do you order your yarn?
    I go to www.hobbydoos.nl a lot!

    ReplyDelete