Thursday, 25 March 2010

Granny Square Blanket

Having worked on my blanket Monday afternoon and evening, I came home and measured it up on the chair that I'm making it for.
Well I had fitted 7 of the 10 rows of 6 squares together and decided that it would be better to do one more row of 6.
That would make it 6 granny squares wide and 11 long, instead of the 10 long that I was first planning to do.
On Tuesday afternoon and evening I was able to do loads.
So I had then finished the 6 extra squares and I had 9 rows fitted together.
Yesterday (Wednesday) I got it all fitted together.
Then came the edging.
I had gone around the whole blanket 3 times with three of the colours used in the blanket, and it looked good.
Then I decided to try out a simple sort of curly edging, which looks great.
However today I am thinking about undoing the curly edging and going around a couple of more times with the plain edging, just so it will fall over the chair better.
I feel that I need to do this because it has to be done right.
You know the old saying, "Do a job properly or not at all."
So it is taking a bit longer than I thought.
However, when you come to think of it, tomorrow it will be two weeks ago that the yarn arrived so I still did it quick. (Even if I do say so myself)

The photo shows the blanket how it is now on the chair.
But there will be more photos when I have really finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment